Countrycottagesonline.net is part of the Country Cottages Online family, offering holidaymakers a great choice of good quality self-catering accommodation in the UK, Ireland and Overseas and helping holidaymakers to find accommodation to suit their budget and tastes, wherever they want to travel.
- Holiday Houses for Christmas and New Year Holidays (Fri, 25 Sep 2015)
- Dog Friendly Self Catering Holiday Ideas in the UK, Ireland & Abroad (Thu, 27 Aug 2015)
- Holidays by Blue Flag Beaches in the UK and Ireland (Fri, 14 Aug 2015)
- Top 5 Spiritual Spots for Holidays in the UK (Wed, 08 Jul 2015)
- Best Holiday Destinations for Visiting Castles Galore (Fri, 05 Jun 2015)
Cottage sleeps 6 Home Counties/Chiltern Cycleway.
Holly House Cottage - Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England Sleeps 6
When calling please mention CountryCottagesOnline.Net
3 Bedroom Cottage
Swimming Pool, Games Room
Save to short list Send email to owner Advice when Booking !
- We recommend that you never complete a Bank Transfer to outside of the UK or Ireland without first emailing us to verify that the bank details are the correct ones for the owner concerned. The vast majority of owners listed on our sites are based in the UK or Ireland and making a bank transfer to overseas is not standard practice. There are a few owners who live abroad so if an owner or agency requests that you make a bank transfer to a foreign account please email Countrycottagesonline.Net to verify the details first.
- Always make sure that you call and speak to the owner or agency on the phone number given before making a firm booking and to verify payment methods and details given by email.
- It is strongly recommended that you take out appropriate holiday insurance.
The owner/agency for Holly House Cottage has been advertising with Countrycottagesonline.Net for more than 7 years. Read More
Cottage in rural setting in Home Counties/Chiltern Cycleway.
Key Holiday Home Info:Family-Friendly, Facilities include: Highchair.
Location: rural setting, remote, secluded holiday home.
Views: A mix of farmed fields and open countryside, and mature gardens. Footpath directly opposite the property links with a Bridleway giving unrivalled views over the Mimram valley (a dry bed - river currently emerges slightly to the east of this viewpoint. Great network of footpaths accessible from the doorstep..
Nearest Airport and Railway Station: Harpenden, Luton Airport Parkway.
Nearest city or town: Hitchin, approximately 0 miles away.
Type of holiday rental: Self catering cottage.
Short Breaks and weekend breaks: All year round
About this Hitchin Cottage for 6
3 bedroom cottage with indoor swimming pool, heated all year round, and grounds of 2.5 acres in rolling Hertfordshire countryside. Set in rural location yet close to London and its attractions. Sleeps up to 6.
Facts about this holiday accommodation in Hitchin. There is a separate outbuilding which houses a table tennis table for guests' use - great for rainy days. The pool has double patio doors which open out onto a paved terrace overlooking the garden (east facing). Guests have full access to all the grounds - shared only with the owners and their family and friends.
- Sitting Room with: TV, DVD player, Free Internet Access
- There is a dining table to seat 6 people.
- Kitchen with: Freezer, Dishwasher, Washing Machine
- 3 bedrooms. Sleeping arrangements: 1 kingsize bed(s), 1 double bed(s), 2 single bed(s)
- 1 Bathrooms, Power Shower
- Garden: 2 acres of mature trees and lawn
- Central Heating
Entertainment and/or Leisure Facilities on Offer:
- Games Room
, heated swimming pool (Accessed directly from the cottage via an interconnecting door. Owners also have access.)
Flexible changeover day: Yes
Recommended Attractions near Hitchin: Rolling countryside - excellent location for walking and cycling
Good places to visit near Hitchin: Whipsnade Zoo, London, St Albans, Woburn Safari Park, Duxford Imperial War Museum, Hatfield House, Knebworth House Warner Bros Studios, Leavesden: Harry Potter Tour, Whipsnade Zoo, Woburn Safari Park, Hatfield House, Knebworth Park, Duxford Imperial War Museum, A short drive away: St Albans cathedral city, the lovely villages of Hertfordshire such as Tring (with ZSL and Roal Dahl museums) and Ashridge Park for blueball walks, Berkhamsted for a canal walk and good farmers market. London - a half hour train journey (we are 15minutes drives from Harpenden Station). Within an hours drive: Cambridge & Newmarket Windsor & Ascot Races Thorpe Park WoburnMore about the Location:
Pub Nearby, Good pubs for real ale and food in neighbouring villages - check out the Rusty Gun and the Wellington for food; the Strathmore for beer and genuine Italian pizza and pasta on Wednesday evenings., Golf Course nearby, Good area for Walking, Outdoor Pursuits available nearby: The Chiltern Cycle route passes the end of the road; There are numerous footpaths and bridleways across the two local estates of Kings Walden Bury and St Pauls Walden Bury (with open gardens three times a year). A short car journey away: Stanborough
Annual Events: Numerous village fairs and fetes with family entertainment in the summer months.
Good places to eat near Hitchin: Neighbouring villages: The Rusty Gun and Wellington pubs, Strathmore Arms - Wild Food Events and pizza and pasta on a Wednesday evening, The Brocket Arms, Redcoats Further afield: Hitchin, St Albans, Welwyn, Harpenden, Wheathampstead
Short Breaks: Yes, minimum 2 nights
Cottage Availability Information
Cottage Web Site
Similar Holiday Cottages
All information relating to cottages and self catering holidays is presented by independent owners and agencies who are responsible for the accuracy of their own data. CountryCottagesOnline.Net disclaims any liability for erroneous or out-of-date data. Having said that, if you would like further information on how long an ad has been on CountryCottagesOnline.Net you can verify that with us or if you have feedback about the accuracy of an ad please get in touch. Trust us when we say that we value feedback from holidaymakers.
Need some information on places to go and things to see? See our free travel destination guides.
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 - 2015 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED