- Try Something New and Exciting on your Holiday this Year? (Thu, 11 Dec 2014)
- Top Places for Fantastic Christmas Markets (Mon, 17 Nov 2014)
- Best Holiday Destinations for Winter Sun (Mon, 03 Nov 2014)
- The Best 5 Places in Europe to Celebrate the New Year (Mon, 20 Oct 2014)
- Best Holiday Homes for Fun Times (Thu, 02 Oct 2014)
- Holidays in the Moselle Valley, Germany (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Go away for Christmas (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Head off to France this winter and enjoy a ski holiday in a self-catered apartment (Thu, 11 Sep 2014)
- Enjoy a mid-summer 7 night dream holiday in Stratford-upon-Avon (Thu, 28 Aug 2014)
- Relax in a lovely self-catered accommodation near a river, loch or lake (Wed, 13 Aug 2014)
Self catering holidays in Madeira
Counties in Madeira> See self-catering properties in Madeira
Madeira is one of the most colourful and attractive holiday islands. Geographically the island lies north of the Canary Islands in the Atlantic, level with Morocco. It is a Portuguese island with related cuisine, traditions and culture.
Most holidaymakers visit Madeira to see the wonderful wild flowers. Wild flowers in Madeira include many exotic and vibrant species such as bird of paradise flowers, mesembryanthemum and orchid. Cruise liners use the port of Funchal as a stopping point allowing their guests to enjoy a day trip on the island perhaps visiting the botanic gardens, bird park and flower market. There are plenty of organised day tours making sightseeing efforless.
Majestic mountains in the centre of Madeira drop steeply to the coast where the beaches and small fishing villages are located. Inland is a hiker's and nature lover's paradise. Walk the myriads of levadas or dry stream beds crisscrossing the island to encounter brilliantly coloured flowers, butterfiles and birds.
If you book an apartment or villa in Madeira and hire a car, one of the impressive features of the island are the underground tunnels linking one part of the island with another. This makes getting across the island very efficient albeit without the views. Travel the roads above ground to see the spectacular scenery, terraced hillsides and some of the tallest bridges in the world.
Funchal offers holidaymakers everything that tourists desire from a broad range of eateries and entertainment to shopping, impressive museums, parks, cable cars and boat trips. Seafood features on almost every menu. Buy sweet Madeira wine and cake to take home as souvenirs of your holiday.Click for more information Self catering holidays in Madeira
(click image to see more)
01245 259 027 , 07737 969 851
Click here to email about cottage holiday
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED