- Best Places for Cycling Holidays in Europe (Fri, 11 Apr 2014)
- Top ideas for inspirational travel in 2014 (Tue, 10 Dec 2013)
- Best Places in Europe for Walking Holidays (Fri, 01 Nov 2013)
- Best Places for Self-Catering Cycling Holidays in the UK and Ireland (Fri, 04 Oct 2013)
- Calling all steam railway enthusiasts! Best self-catering cottages for train lovers. (Mon, 16 Sep 2013)
- Best Breaks for Bookworms: a wild weekend in the Bronte Country (Mon, 09 Sep 2013)
- Top 9 Secret and Inspirational Places to Holiday in the UK (Mon, 02 Sep 2013)
- Great ideas for self-catering breaks with dogs. (Tue, 06 Aug 2013)
- Top self-catering accommodation with sports facilities (Fri, 02 Aug 2013)
- Top holiday homes near UK national parks (Fri, 26 Jul 2013)
Remote cottages in Scotland
Scotland is a country with lots to offer when it comes to remote self catering holidays. Many parts of Scotland are sparsely populated meaning that there are lots of different options when it comes to remote places for a cottage break.
The Highlands and Islands of Scotland are known in particular for being sparsely populated and offering opportunties for remote hideaways. Obviously when looking for a remote break it is necessary to look away from the cities or large towns in these areas. Scottish islands like the Inner Hebrides, the Outer Hebrides, the Western Isles, Orkney and the Shetland isles are particularly remote and can only usually be reached by boat or plane. Away from the main tourist trail, many parts of the Highlands, particularly the Northern Highlands are largely undiscovered by many and very unspoilt. Grampian and Moray are other reasonably remote parts of Scotland.
When it comes to remote self catering you may have luck when it comes to wildlife watching as many more remote areas are the domain of wildlife rather than humans. Remote breaks can be appealing for truly getting away from it all and getting close to nature.
Click on photos to find out more about the remote self catering holiday options in Scotland listed below.
Cottages in your chosen area
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED