- Holidays in the Moselle Valley, Germany (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Go away for Christmas (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Head off to France this winter and enjoy a ski holiday in a self-catered apartment (Thu, 11 Sep 2014)
- Enjoy a mid-summer 7 night dream holiday in Stratford-upon-Avon (Thu, 28 Aug 2014)
- Relax in a lovely self-catered accommodation near a river, loch or lake (Wed, 13 Aug 2014)
- Enjoy a Self-Catering Holiday in Spain this Summer (Wed, 30 Jul 2014)
- The Top 5 Best Theme Parks in the UK (Mon, 14 Jul 2014)
- The Top 5 Best Safari Destinations in Africa (Wed, 25 Jun 2014)
- Fat Bloggers Lake District Travel Tips (Tue, 20 May 2014)
- Top Ideas for Family Breaks (Wed, 14 May 2014)
Self catering holidays on the Greek islands
The islands of Greece have been holiday destinations of choice for Brits and other Europeans for some time. The Greeks even have names for each island chain. In common, the Greek islands mostly share the same Mediterranean sea, typically white buildings and in summer time typically blue skies and blue sea. On each island you are likely to find traditional Greek cuisine and friendly Greek hospitality. Each island has its own unique individual charm for self catering holidays.
These are the Greek islands that are probably most accessible by ferry from Athens or nearby town of Rafina. Many Greeks when holidaying in the islands will take the ferry across. It is even possible to island hop and spend a few nights in each island if you plan your trip carefully. Amazingly there are over 200 Cyclades islands, not all of which are inhabited. Of all these islands the best known of these islands has to be Santorini and Mykonos. Santorini is known for its dramatic volcanic scenery and for the legend of the lost city of Atlantis. Mykonos is known for being an island which attracts large numbers from the gay community and for its charming windmills and whitewashed buildings. If you are seeking a peaceful break away from it all, there are a number of small islands where it is possible to have a quiet relaxing self catering break in Greece.
These are the islands up the west coast of Greece in the Ionian sea. In common with some Italian islands, these islands are generally lush and green. The main Ionian islands are Zante (also known as Zakynthos), Corfu and Kefalonia. There are also a number of smaller islands within this Greek island chain.
The Dodacanese islands although Greek, lie close to Turkey and include the islands of Rhodes, Kos and Patmos.
The Aegean islands include the Cyclades, Dodacanese and also the island of Crete. Also of note these islands include the more northernly Sporades islands. The Sporades islands deserve a special mention as they are largely unspoilt, quite green and a good choice if you are looking for a peaceful self catering break. Also within this chain are the North Aegean islands including Thassos, Limnos & Lesvos.
Crete is a large island which should be mentioned on account of its size but also due to its popularity as a summer sun destination.
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED