- The Best 5 Places in Europe to Celebrate the New Year (Mon, 20 Oct 2014)
- Best Holiday Homes for Fun Times (Thu, 02 Oct 2014)
- Holidays in the Moselle Valley, Germany (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Go away for Christmas (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Head off to France this winter and enjoy a ski holiday in a self-catered apartment (Thu, 11 Sep 2014)
- Enjoy a mid-summer 7 night dream holiday in Stratford-upon-Avon (Thu, 28 Aug 2014)
- Relax in a lovely self-catered accommodation near a river, loch or lake (Wed, 13 Aug 2014)
- Enjoy a Self-Catering Holiday in Spain this Summer (Wed, 30 Jul 2014)
- The Top 5 Best Theme Parks in the UK (Mon, 14 Jul 2014)
- The Top 5 Best Safari Destinations in Africa (Wed, 25 Jun 2014)
Self-catering holiday cottages in County Tyrone, Ulster, northern Ireland
A vision of Irish beauty: a land of bog and heather, rugged mountains and enchanting forests. The Sperrin Mountains are a sanctuary of peace and quiet, a place of still beauty where walkers can follow the Central Sperrins Way and mountaineers can scale the more challenging rock faces.
Horse riding and cycling are also popular in the area. County Tyrone has plenty of golf courses. The county is blessed with many sparkling lakes and rivers. Coarse angling is available on Lough Catherine and Lough Muck; game angling is available in the Drumragh and Camowen Rivers.
Echoes of the distant past remain in haunting monuments such as the 18 foot high, 10th century Celtic High Cross at Ardboe. It is considered by many to be the finest High Cross in the whole of Ireland. An even older monument stands at Beaghmore. Here you will find the mysterious Beaghmore Stone Circles, a significant place of worship for our Bronze Age ancestors.
For a change of rhythm, why not try the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh. This recreation of the sights and sounds of 18th and 19th century emigrant life comes complete with a full size replica emigrant ship, American log cabins and Irish thatched cottages. The park staff are in costume and character and even some of the snacks on sale are based on traditional 18th and 19th century food. The park also holds the biggest Annual Appalachian and Bluegrass Music Festival outside the USA.
Craftman made Irish gifts can be purchased at Tyrone Crystal. Come and watch the skilled glassblowers practise their amazing skills and admire the world famous hand-made crystal.
Self-catering holiday cottages and apartments to rent in County Tyrone, Ulster:
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED