- Try Something New and Exciting on your Holiday this Year? (Thu, 11 Dec 2014)
- Top Places for Fantastic Christmas Markets (Mon, 17 Nov 2014)
- Best Holiday Destinations for Winter Sun (Mon, 03 Nov 2014)
- The Best 5 Places in Europe to Celebrate the New Year (Mon, 20 Oct 2014)
- Best Holiday Homes for Fun Times (Thu, 02 Oct 2014)
- Holidays in the Moselle Valley, Germany (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Go away for Christmas (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Head off to France this winter and enjoy a ski holiday in a self-catered apartment (Thu, 11 Sep 2014)
- Enjoy a mid-summer 7 night dream holiday in Stratford-upon-Avon (Thu, 28 Aug 2014)
- Relax in a lovely self-catered accommodation near a river, loch or lake (Wed, 13 Aug 2014)
Holly House Cottage - Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England Sleeps 6
Tel: 01438871130, 07968793189
When calling please mention Country Cottages Online
Swimming Pool, Games Room
Save to short list Send email to owner
Holly House Cottage, Home Counties/Chiltern Cycleway. Location: rural setting.
Views: A mix of farmed fields and open countryside, and mature gardens. Footpath directly opposite the property links with a Bridleway giving unrivalled views over the Mimram valley (a dry bed - river currently emerges slightly to the east of this viewpoint. Great network of footpaths accessible from the doorstep..
Nearest Airport and Railway Station: Harpenden, Luton Airport Parkway
Nearest city or town: Hitchin
Type of holiday rental: Self catering cottage.
Short Breaks and weekend breaks: All year round
About the Self Catering Accommodation:
3 bedroom cottage with indoor swimming pool, heated all year round, and grounds of 2.5 acres in rolling Hertfordshire countryside. Set in rural location yet close to London and its attractions. Sleeps up to 6.
- Lounge: TV, DVD player, Free Internet Access
- Dining table seats: 6
- Kitchen: Freezer, Dishwasher, Washing Machine
- 3 bedrooms. Sleeping arrangements: 1 kingsize bed(s), 1 double bed(s), 2 single bed(s)
- 1 Bathrooms, Power Shower
- Garden: 2 acres of mature trees and lawn
- Central Heating
Specific holiday home requirements:
- Child-friendly facilities: Yes, Highchair.
- Games Room
- swimming pool - Accessed directly from the cottage via an interconnecting door. Owners also have access.
- Local Pub: Good pubs for real ale and food in neighbouring villages - check out the Rusty Gun and the Wellington for food; the Strathmore for beer and genuine Italian pizza and pasta on Wednesday evenings.
- Outdoor Pursuits: The Chiltern Cycle route passes the end of the road; There are numerous footpaths and bridleways across the two local estates of Kings Walden Bury and St Pauls Walden Bury (with open gardens three times a year). A short car journey away: Stanborough
Flexible changeover day: Yes
Number of bathrooms: 1
Travel: Harpenden, Luton Airport Parkway
Local attractions: Rolling countryside - excellent location for walking and cycling
Good places to visit: Whipsnade Zoo, London, St Albans, Woburn Safari Park, Duxford Imperial War Museum, Hatfield House, Knebworth House Warner Bros Studios, Leavesden: Harry Potter Tour, Whipsnade Zoo, Woburn Safari Park, Hatfield House, Knebworth Park, Duxford Imperial War Museum, A short drive away: St Albans cathedral city, the lovely villages of Hertfordshire such as Tring (with ZSL and Roal Dahl museums) and Ashridge Park for blueball walks, Berkhamsted for a canal walk and good farmers market. London - a half hour train journey (we are 15minutes drives from Harpenden Station). Within an hours drive: Cambridge & Newmarket Windsor & Ascot Races Thorpe Park Woburn
Annual Events: Numerous village fairs and fetes with family entertainment in the summer months.
Good places to eat: Neighbouring villages: The Rusty Gun and Wellington pubs, Strathmore Arms - Wild Food Events and pizza and pasta on a Wednesday evening, The Brocket Arms, Redcoats Further afield: Hitchin, St Albans, Welwyn, Harpenden, Wheathampstead
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Cottage Availability Information
Cottage Web Site
Similar Holiday Cottages
All information relating to cottages and self catering holidays is presented by independent owners and agencies who are responsible for the accuracy of their own data. Country Cottages Online disclaims any liability for erroneous or out-of-date data. Having said that, if you would like further information on how long an ad has been on Country Cottages Online you can verify that with us or if you have feedback about the accuracy of an ad please get in touch. Trust us when we say that we value feedback from holidaymakers.
Need some information on places to go and things to see? See our free travel destination guides.
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED