- Enjoy a Self-Catering Holiday in Spain this Summer (Wed, 30 Jul 2014)
- The Top 5 Best Theme Parks in the UK (Mon, 14 Jul 2014)
- The Top 5 Best Safari Destinations in Africa (Wed, 25 Jun 2014)
- Fat Bloggers Lake District Travel Tips (Tue, 20 May 2014)
- Top Ideas for Family Breaks (Wed, 14 May 2014)
- Best Places for Cycling Holidays in Europe (Fri, 11 Apr 2014)
- Top ideas for inspirational travel in 2014 (Tue, 10 Dec 2013)
- Best Places in Europe for Walking Holidays (Fri, 01 Nov 2013)
- Best Places for Self-Catering Cycling Holidays in the UK and Ireland (Fri, 04 Oct 2013)
- Calling all steam railway enthusiasts! Best self-catering cottages for train lovers. (Mon, 16 Sep 2013)
Self-catering accommodation in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, cottages, apartments, houses and pine lodges
Any holiday accommodation in County Antrim will be shown at the foot of this page. Please click on any photographs of cottages, log cabins or houses for self-catering holidays in County Antrim. Book accommodation directly with owners for very best self-catering prices.
Self-catering holidays in County Antrim, Northern Ireland
The mythical giant Fiann McCool, through acts of temper, seems to have been responsible for creating geographical and geological wonders in County Antrim. Lough Neagh was said to have been formed when Fiann scooped a handful of mud out of Ireland and threw it into the Irish Sea where it became the Isle of Mann. It is the largest lake in the British Isles and famous for trout fishing.
The lakeland environment is a natural location for sailing and a variety of other watersports. A series of trails for horse riding, walking and cycling called the Wetlands Way runs to the south of the lake. The other great geological feature said to have been created by Fiann is the Giant's Causeway.
At this World Heritage site, you can wonder at the perfectly hexagonal basalt columns, which appear to form a road stretching out into the Irish Sea. Of course, it is now known that this unique geological feature was formed 55 million years ago by volcanic activity.
There is a visitor centre on site which tells the story of the Causeway's formation. Nearby is the Old Bushmill Distillery. Irish Whisky has been distilled here for 400 years. Come to see the production process and to taste the finished product.
Self-catering cottages and houses in towns in County Antrim:
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED