- Top Places for Fantastic Christmas Markets (Mon, 17 Nov 2014)
- Best Holiday Destinations for Winter Sun (Mon, 03 Nov 2014)
- The Best 5 Places in Europe to Celebrate the New Year (Mon, 20 Oct 2014)
- Best Holiday Homes for Fun Times (Thu, 02 Oct 2014)
- Holidays in the Moselle Valley, Germany (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Go away for Christmas (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Head off to France this winter and enjoy a ski holiday in a self-catered apartment (Thu, 11 Sep 2014)
- Enjoy a mid-summer 7 night dream holiday in Stratford-upon-Avon (Thu, 28 Aug 2014)
- Relax in a lovely self-catered accommodation near a river, loch or lake (Wed, 13 Aug 2014)
- Enjoy a Self-Catering Holiday in Spain this Summer (Wed, 30 Jul 2014)
Self-catering accommodation in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, cottages, apartments, houses and pine lodges
Any holiday accommodation in County Antrim will be shown at the foot of this page. Please click on any photographs of cottages, log cabins or houses for self-catering holidays in County Antrim. Book accommodation directly with owners for very best self-catering prices.
Self-catering holidays in County Antrim, Northern Ireland
The mythical giant Fiann McCool, through acts of temper, seems to have been responsible for creating geographical and geological wonders in County Antrim. Lough Neagh was said to have been formed when Fiann scooped a handful of mud out of Ireland and threw it into the Irish Sea where it became the Isle of Mann. It is the largest lake in the British Isles and famous for trout fishing.
The lakeland environment is a natural location for sailing and a variety of other watersports. A series of trails for horse riding, walking and cycling called the Wetlands Way runs to the south of the lake. The other great geological feature said to have been created by Fiann is the Giant's Causeway.
At this World Heritage site, you can wonder at the perfectly hexagonal basalt columns, which appear to form a road stretching out into the Irish Sea. Of course, it is now known that this unique geological feature was formed 55 million years ago by volcanic activity.
There is a visitor centre on site which tells the story of the Causeway's formation. Nearby is the Old Bushmill Distillery. Irish Whisky has been distilled here for 400 years. Come to see the production process and to taste the finished product.
Self-catering cottages and houses in towns in County Antrim:
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED