- The Top 5 Best Theme Parks in the UK (Mon, 14 Jul 2014)
- The Top 5 Best Safari Destinations in Africa (Wed, 25 Jun 2014)
- Fat Bloggers Lake District Travel Tips (Tue, 20 May 2014)
- Top Ideas for Family Breaks (Wed, 14 May 2014)
- Best Places for Cycling Holidays in Europe (Fri, 11 Apr 2014)
- Top ideas for inspirational travel in 2014 (Tue, 10 Dec 2013)
- Best Places in Europe for Walking Holidays (Fri, 01 Nov 2013)
- Best Places for Self-Catering Cycling Holidays in the UK and Ireland (Fri, 04 Oct 2013)
- Calling all steam railway enthusiasts! Best self-catering cottages for train lovers. (Mon, 16 Sep 2013)
- Best Breaks for Bookworms: a wild weekend in the Bronte Country (Mon, 09 Sep 2013)
Holiday cottages in Tain, northern Scotland
Come and book a self-catering holiday cottage in Tain for a taste of genuine Scottish life. Holiday cottages in Tain and close to Tain are shown below. Just click on them to read about renting them for holidays.
The town of Tain is on the coast in Ross and Cromarty in Northern Scotland amidst some of the best natural landscapes and rich wildlife in the country. There is a long coastline with granite cliffs, sandy bays and fishing villages built around old stone harbours. All very picturesque. Any birdwatchers, walkers or photographs would have the time of their lives with a holiday in Tain - so much to see. There is even the chance of spotting dolphins off the coast and seals.
Tain is a small thriving town and Scotland's oldest Royal Burgh granted a royal charter all the way back in 1066. Like many old towns in this part of Scotland is has some handsome granite built buildings such as the Tain Tolbooth, and three churches. One way to meet the local people is to attend the annual gala which is a week long event with displays and activities for the whole family around the last week of June or first week of July. There is also a Highland Gathering with pipe bands, parades and unique Highland activities such as tossing the caber. This is held in August.
There is a variety of tourist attractions; the whisky distillery tours are a popular Scottish attraction, plus there are craft workshops, golf courses galore, and sea fishing.
The best way to plan your self-catering holiday is to select accommodation for your holiday in Tain and talk to the owners who will be able to advise about best times to visit so that you can include all the activities that may be of interest to you.
Cottages in your chosen area
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED