- Try Something New and Exciting on your Holiday this Year? (Thu, 11 Dec 2014)
- Top Places for Fantastic Christmas Markets (Mon, 17 Nov 2014)
- Best Holiday Destinations for Winter Sun (Mon, 03 Nov 2014)
- The Best 5 Places in Europe to Celebrate the New Year (Mon, 20 Oct 2014)
- Best Holiday Homes for Fun Times (Thu, 02 Oct 2014)
- Holidays in the Moselle Valley, Germany (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Go away for Christmas (Mon, 15 Sep 2014)
- Head off to France this winter and enjoy a ski holiday in a self-catered apartment (Thu, 11 Sep 2014)
- Enjoy a mid-summer 7 night dream holiday in Stratford-upon-Avon (Thu, 28 Aug 2014)
- Relax in a lovely self-catered accommodation near a river, loch or lake (Wed, 13 Aug 2014)
Bakehouse Cottage - Langton Herring, Weymouth, Dorset, England Sleeps 8
Tel: 01458 274 767
When calling please mention Country Cottages Online
Save to short list Send email to owner
Bakehouse Cottage, Jurassic Coast (World Heritage Site), Chesil Beach, South Coast, West Country. Location: village setting.
Views: Garden to front and rear.
Nearest Airport and Railway Station: Dorchester, Weymouth railway approximately 5 miles; Bournemouth, Exeter and Bristol airports less than 60 miles.
Nearest city or town: Weymouth, Dorchester
Type of self-catering holiday: Self-catering cottage holiday on the south coast of England.
Short Breaks and weekend breaks: Low season only, minimum 4 nights
About the Self Catering Accommodation:
Bakehouse Cottage is a luxury self-catering stone built cottage in the village of Langton Herring, Dorset, lying between Weymouth and Abbotsbury. It can accommodate up to 8 people in 4 bedrooms, 2 doubles and 2 twins. Bakehouse Cottage is next door to St Anthony's Cottage (q.v.) and for larger parties the two properties combined offer accommodation for 14 adults plus two cots. To the rear there is a paved patio area and garden. The garden abuts one of Higher Farm's fields. Patio chairs, a table and a barbecue are all provided. Garage parking is adjacent to the property for two vehicles with additional parking available by the farm entrance. The cottage is a stones throw, literally, from the church and the local village pub. Please click on image for details.
- Sitting Room: TV, DVD player, Woodburner, Free Internet Access
- Dining table seats: 8
- Kitchen: Freezer, Dishwasher, Washing Machine
- 4 bedrooms. Sleeping arrangements: 2 double bed(s), 4 single bed(s)
- 3 Bathrooms
- Garden: garden with patio and barbecue
- Central Heating
Special holiday cottage requirements:
- Child-friendly facilities: Yes, Cot, Highchair.
- Local Pub: 50 metres
- Outdoor Pursuits: Cycling, Fishing, Golf, Horse-riding, Watersports and Walking. All details will be available at the property.
Flexible changeover day: Yes
Number of bathrooms: 3
Travel: Dorchester, Weymouth railway approximately 5 miles; Bournemouth, Exeter and Bristol airports less than 60 miles.
Local attractions: The area around Langton Herring village being particularly popular with walkers. Within a half-mile lies the Fleet lagoon across which lies Chesil Beach. Weymouth, Dorchester, Abbotsbury and Bridport are all only a short drive away. Further afield are Corfe Castle, Poole, Blandford Forum, Lyme Regis and Bournemouth. Within 10 - 25 minutes drive. Cerne Abbas Giant. Hardy Country. Sherborne. Good eating at Elm Tree Inn, Langton Herring, King's Arms, Portesham, Turk's Head, Chickerell, Acorn Inn, Evershot; Fox Inn, Corscombe; Little Barwick House, nr Yeovil, Riverside Restaurant, West Bay, Bridport (specialising in fish dishes). Dorchester (Maiden Castle, Ancient hill fort). Weymouth (Regency seaside town, good safe beaches). Bridport. Lyme Regis. Abbotsbury (Swannery). Tolpuddle (Martyr's Museum). Tank Museum, Bovington. Monkey World. Portland Bill.
Good places to visit: Stonehenge. Salisbury (Cathedral). Exeter & Exeter Airport. Shaftesbury (Gold Hill). Stourhead (NT). Wells and its Cathedral. Glastonbury with its Abbey and Glastonbury Tor. Clarks Village (at Street) with its wide range of retail outlets.
Annual Events: Numerous events throughtout the year, especially during the summer in coastal resorts like Weymouth. Olympic sailing 2012.
Good places to eat: Food serving pub a short walk from the cottage (2 mins), plus many other eateries withing easy driving distance.
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 4
Cottage Web Site
Similar Holiday Cottages
All information relating to cottages and self catering holidays is presented by independent owners and agencies who are responsible for the accuracy of their own data. Country Cottages Online disclaims any liability for erroneous or out-of-date data. Having said that, if you would like further information on how long an ad has been on Country Cottages Online you can verify that with us or if you have feedback about the accuracy of an ad please get in touch. Trust us when we say that we value feedback from holidaymakers.
Need some information on places to go and things to see? See our free travel destination guides.
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED