Countrycottagesonline.net is part of the Country Cottages Online family, offering holidaymakers a great choice of good quality self-catering accommodation in the UK, Ireland and Overseas and helping holidaymakers to find accommodation to suit their budget and tastes, wherever they want to travel.
Translate to other languages
- Top 5 Out of this World Places for Memorable Holidays (Thu, 07 May 2015)
- Top 3 UK Destinations for Family Holidays (Mon, 27 Apr 2015)
- Inspirational UK Places to Visit in Summer 2015 (Mon, 30 Mar 2015)
- Heavenly Places for your Hen Party in 2015 (Wed, 25 Feb 2015)
- Inspirational places for your 2015 holiday (Fri, 23 Jan 2015)
Cottages in Ballater Scotland for self-catering holidays on Royal Deeside
Please click on any cottage photographs shown to find out more about any cottages currently in Ballater. Cottage owners will be pleased to tell you much more about their part of Scotland and things to do and see.
Ballater is one of those scenic Scottish towns that attracts visitors from all around the world. The surrounding countryside is superb and of course it's on Royal Deeside - the playground of the Royal family. Balmoral castle, the Queen's Scottish home is nearby, and Lochnagar, the hill that Prince Charles included in his story 'The Old Man of Lochnagar' overlooks Ballater.
Highland Games take place in August each year with a splendid display of Scottish culture and brawn. The River Dee not only attracts fishermen hoping to catch salmon but is great fun for children to cross in the shallows, stepping from stone to stone. In winter, people flock to nearby ski resorts. Sporty and outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the many walks with loch and river views or try canoeing, or white water rafting.
Useful Scottish cottage links:
- self-catering cottages in National Parks in Scotland
- Cottages near Scottish lochs
- Pet-friendly cottages in Scotland