- The Top 5 Best Theme Parks in the UK (Mon, 14 Jul 2014)
- The Top 5 Best Safari Destinations in Africa (Wed, 25 Jun 2014)
- Fat Bloggers Lake District Travel Tips (Tue, 20 May 2014)
- Top Ideas for Family Breaks (Wed, 14 May 2014)
- Best Places for Cycling Holidays in Europe (Fri, 11 Apr 2014)
- Top ideas for inspirational travel in 2014 (Tue, 10 Dec 2013)
- Best Places in Europe for Walking Holidays (Fri, 01 Nov 2013)
- Best Places for Self-Catering Cycling Holidays in the UK and Ireland (Fri, 04 Oct 2013)
- Calling all steam railway enthusiasts! Best self-catering cottages for train lovers. (Mon, 16 Sep 2013)
- Best Breaks for Bookworms: a wild weekend in the Bronte Country (Mon, 09 Sep 2013)
Cottages in Ballater Scotland for self-catering holidays on Royal Deeside
Please click on any cottage photographs shown to find out more about any cottages currently in Ballater. Cottage owners will be pleased to tell you much more about their part of Scotland and things to do and see.
Ballater is one of those scenic Scottish towns that attracts visitors from all around the world. The surrounding countryside is superb and of course it's on Royal Deeside - the playground of the Royal family. Balmoral castle, the Queen's Scottish home is nearby, and Lochnagar, the hill that Prince Charles included in his story 'The Old Man of Lochnagar' overlooks Ballater.
Highland Games take place in August each year with a splendid display of Scottish culture and brawn. The River Dee not only attracts fishermen hoping to catch salmon but is great fun for children to cross in the shallows, stepping from stone to stone. In winter, people flock to nearby ski resorts. Sporty and outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the many walks with loch and river views or try canoeing, or white water rafting.
Useful Scottish cottage links:
Cottages in your chosen area
Country Cottages Online.Net includes UK self catering and self catering overseas and is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Company registered office is: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Essex, CM3 5RZ.
Our company registration number is: 3991504 and our VAT registration number: is 104 353357
copyright © 2010 countrycottagesonline.net - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED