Facilities: Swimming pool
More about this property:
Ayrshire in central Scotland offers visitors both scenic countryside and an attractive coastline with pretty coastal towns such as Troon. Read on to find out more about discovering the attractions of Ayrshire on a cottage holiday.
Top Attractions in Ayrshire to Discover on a Cottage Holiday
• There are a number of Robert Burn related attractions to discover in Ayrshire including the Burns House Museum in East Ayrshire as well as Robert Burn Birthplace Museum in Alloway, Ayr.
• Discover fascinating historical castles such as Culzean Castle and Country Park and Dean Castle and Country Park.
• Visit the Scottish Maritime Museum in North Ayrshire.
• Visit Vikingar and learn more about the fascinating Vikings.
• Visit one of the many museums in Ayrshire which include the Doon Valley Museum, the Museum of Ayrshire Country Life and Costume and the North Ayrshire Museum in Saltcoats.
• Enjoy the outdoor life in Ayrshire. Enjoy walking in one of the country parks or a hike amongst the rugged landscape of the Galloway Hills. Or head to the coast and walk the Ayrshire Coastal Path.
• Enjoy a spot of fishing at one of the many fisheries in the area.
• Take to horseback and book a ride on a Clydesdale horse where you can marvel at their wonderful big hooves.
• You can even enjoy skiing all year round in Ayrshire at the Newmilns Indoor Ski Centre. There is also a mountain biking track at this centre.
Finding the Best Place to Stay in Ayrshire
When it comes to finding the best accommodation in Ayrshire, a lot depends on your own needs and preferences. It can be advisable to write up a checklist of must-haves for the self-catering cottage that you are looking for so that you can find the perfect cottage for you for your Ayrshire holiday.
Find Holiday Homes in Ayrshire by Town