Dog friendly Property (6 dogs welcome)
Facilities: Free internet access
More about this property: Pet-friendly rural retreat near the Northumberland National Park
More about this property: Pets welcome holiday cottage in Alnmouth for weekly lettings
Village Farm Cottages
4-star Dog friendly Log Cabin (1 dogs welcome)
Facilities: Hot tub, Swimming pool, Tennis court, Free internet access
More about this property: Luxury cottage complex in Northumberland, with swimming pool, hot tub and more...
More about this property: 3 Bedroom cottages on coastal working livestock and arable farm on Northumbrian coast
Tuesday 18 Jun 2019 | 7 nights | £785
More about this property:
More about this property: Romantic rural retreats by Northumbrian coast
Saturday 15 Jun 2019 | 7 nights | £543
More about this property: 2 bedroom farm cottages on the Northumbrian Coast between Beadnell and Seahouses, less than 3 minutes walk from the beach
Tuesday 18 Jun 2019 | 7 nights | £625
More about this property: High quality attractive and comfortable barn conversion that accommodates six people
More about this property:
More about this property:
4-star Dog friendly Cottage complex (2 dogs welcome)
Facilities: Tennis court, Free internet access
More about this property: Self catering holiday cottages of a very high standard in Northumbria
More about this property: A holiday cottage in Craster for weekly lettings
More about this property: Rural holiday home with hot tub in Northumberland close to the coast
Northumberland is one of the most fascinating corners of England to rent a holiday let and enjoy a self-catering break. CountryCottagesOnline.Net features a great range of self-catering accommodation options in Northumbria and Hadrian's Wall Country. Whether you're searching for a holiday lodge, an apartment, a holiday house by the coast in Craster or Seahouses or a countryside cottage near Alnwick, we aim to bring you a fantastic choice of self-catering accommodation in Northumbria and also list special offers and deals from time to time too!
Discover the Best of Northumberland on Holiday
Although not principally known as a seaside destination, Northumberland does have a stunning coastline and is also home to absolutely charming seaside towns such as Bamburgh and Seahouses which are complete with unspoilt golden sandy beaches. Northumbria is also home to wonderful country landscapes.
Northumberland’s Top Attractions to Discover on a Self-Catering Holiday
• Northumberland National Park is a big attraction for holidaymakers and walkers alike. Stretching in a south westerly direction away from Hadrian’s Wall, the moors and rocky outcrops create a formidable landscape. The winds blow strongly in this part of England and trees dare to grow only in sheltered valleys. Some would say that they no longer block the view. From a vantage point on the 3,000 year old hill fort at Ross Castle, seven castles can be seen: the much photographed Bamburgh on the coast, Lindisfarne, Dunstanburgh Castle ruins, Alnwick with Harry Potter connections, Warkworth near Coquet Island, Ford and Chillingham.
Just as the Peak District is the outdoor playground for people in the Midlands, the Northumberland National Park is an area of outdoor pursuits in the north of England. Just north of Newcastle upon Tyne, it serves a large population. There are paths and trails through various forests, also mountain biking trails, orienteering and bridleways. Visit the Border Forest, spot foxes, kestrels, lapwings, roe deer and many other species.
• Historical Castles: Some of the best known in Northumbria are Alnwick (of Harry Potter fame) and Bamburgh with its spectacular position overlooking the beach at Bamburgh. There are many more though to discover, which will be your favourite?
• Holy Island, which can be accessed only at low tide along a mile long causeway or by boat. This island is home to the remains of a historical abbey and atmospheric Lindisfarne Castle and is an idyllic place for birdwatchers.
• Golden Sandy Beaches: Northumberland has a surprising number of unspoilt sandy beaches which are an absolute joy to discover. Whether you plan to have fun jumping from sand dunes or paddling in the waves, there are a good number of beautiful sandy beaches to discover on a cottage holiday in Northumbria. A couple of the best are to be found at Seahouses, Bamburgh and at Beadnell Bay.
• Northumberland's towns and villages with their brooding atmosphere speak of centuries of bloody history. It is impossible to visit a town and not learn something new about its past and there are fascinating forts and ruins to discover all over the county.
Take a look at our listings of self catering accommodation in Northumberland, all of which can be rented for weekly holidays and shorter breaks during low season. There is a selection of good quality cottages, apartments and houses, including luxury for people who want nothing but the best on holiday. We hope that you find the perfect holiday cottage to let in Northumberland on CountryCottagesOnline.Net.
Find Holiday Homes in Northumberland by Town